º£½ÇÊÓÆµ

Oops.

Our website is temporarily unavailable in your location.

We are working hard to get it back online.

PRIVACY
Enterprise

Cardiff Bus strike action off after union ballot backs improved deal

Proposed strike action at Airbus has also been proposed

Cardiff Bus(Image: WalesOnline/Rob Browne)

Cardiff Bus has issued a major update on planned strike action that was set to disrupt services for a number of weeks. Members of the Unite union had balloted to strike in a dispute over pay with action due to begin on Tuesday, September 2.

But now Cardiff Bus has confirmed members have voted to accept the company's revised pay offer and call off the strike. The company, which is the primary bus provider for the Welsh capital and its surrounding areas like Barry and Penarth, said the strike being called off was a "positive outcome" achieved through "constructive discussions".

Craig Hampton-Stone, managing director, said: "We are delighted that this dispute has been resolved through constructive dialogue.

"The agreement reflects our determination to support our employees while ensuring Cardiff Bus continues to provide a reliable and dependable service for our city.

"We are grateful to Unite for engaging in this process and to our customers for their patience and understanding during this period of uncertainty."

All Cardiff Bus services will continue to operate as normal now that the industrial action has been called off. Never miss a Cardiff story by signing up to our daily newsletter here.

Strike action was previously suspended earlier this month after a revised pay offer was put forward alongside proposed changes to working conditions which included longer breaks and improved sickness terms.

This original industrial action was due to take place from August 17 and was due to run for three weeks, ending on Sunday, September 7.